Wilson & Wilson CPAs, Inc. is looking for a full-time experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our clients’ day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. Good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly is essential. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, reliable, and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- To support the firm accountants by providing data entry, bookkeeping, and basic accounting work.
- Reconciliation of accounts to balance and maintain accurate ledgers.
- Process client payroll and payment of payroll taxes.
- Prepare bank deposits and pay vendor invoices.
- Prepare quarterly payroll reports for IRS and State of Alaska.
- Prepare annual payroll forms.
- Book and make travel arrangements as needed for clients.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to maintain client and firm confidentiality.
- General office experience including standard office operations and procedures, use of personal computers and business machines. Ability to type accurately and efficiently.
- Position requires a strong knowledge of federal and state laws.
- Bookkeeping experience including a working knowledge of a G/L, B/S, P&L, A/R, and A/P.
- Proficient skills in and knowledge in QuickBooks, Microsoft applications and working on an internal network. Other accounting programs are a plus.
- Written, oral communication, and organizational skills necessary.
- Must possess the ability to organize time effectively, meet deadlines, and stay on budget.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Prior experience with an accounting firm.
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes.
Schedule & Compensation:
F/T schedule is Mon-Fri with occasional weekends and overtime as needed. Salary is DOE plus full benefits package. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and application to 344 Minnie St. or by email to email@example.com.
No phone calls. EOE.